From visiting Mars to exploring the depth of the inner ear, there is no limit to the places Creative Writing Camp (CWC) Online can take your students!
Join Writers in the Schools (WITS) and Rice University online this summer and explore the wonderful world of creative writing. With a clear learning focus and innovative lessons, CWC Online activities are student-centered, rigorous, and most of all– fun! Each camp day, professional teachers and authors will engage with K-12 students in a virtual setting, offering participants artistic mentorship as well as academic support. Following best practices for online learning, CWC Online camp days will include:
- fun community building activities
- live sessions where students can interact with instructors and classmates
- small group sessions and creative projects
- independent writing and art projects
- recorded sessions where students can learn at their own pace
- one-on-one conferencing with instructor(s)
- virtual field trips
Parents can expect their children to partake in the same quality educational summer experience that Rice and WITS have consistently provided at CWC for three decades. Through CWC Online, young writers learn that their voices are powerful and their stories matter.
To ensure student safety, CWC Online will be hosted on Canvas, a secure platform supported by Rice University through Google Chrome.
Registration is now open! You can register your student today on the WITS Houston website.