because writing is revolutionary
Writers in the Schools Alliance member Community Word Project is offering a summer training opportunity for Teaching Artists with 2 or more years of experience. Here are some details about the program:
2012 Summer Institute for
Advanced Teaching Artists
July 20, 23 and 24, 2012
WHAT: A three-day, intensive workshop focusing on Innovation, Multi-disciplinary Arts Integration, Curriculum Development, Evaluation/Assessment, Critical Thinking Skills and Classroom Management.
WHERE: Community Resource Exchange
42 Broadway, Suite 2000, New York, NY 10004
WHEN: Friday, July 20; Monday, July 23; and Tuesday, July 24
WHO: Creative Writers, Visual and Multi-Media Artists, Musicians, Dancers and Theater Artists with 2+ years experience teaching their art form in a public school setting.
The Summer Institute’s training curriculum is based on Community Word Project’s creative process exploration methods, teaching practices and philosophy developed over 12 years in NYC public school system.
Participants gain hands-on experience through classroom exercises, discussions, role-playing and collaboration in these focus areas:
• Transforming your Creative Process into Innovative Teaching Methods
• Developing Critical Thinking Skills through Arts Exercises
• Collaborating with Teaching Artists of a Different Art Form
• Evaluating and Assessing Student Work
• Arts Integration
• Cultivating environments of Social Change within classrooms
• Co-teaching with Classroom Teachers
• Classroom Management Techniques
For further details, please visit the Community Word Project website or contact Program Director Khalil Murrell at TATIP@communitywordproject.org