because writing is revolutionary
There’s plenty of good Writers in the Schools (WITS) news around the world. Here are a few articles about WITS Alliance members and the work they’re doing.
- Terry Blackhawk, founding director of InsideOut Literary Arts Project in Detroit has been a featured blogger this month on the Huffington Post. Check out her column here.
- Cecily Sailor, Education Programs Manager for Badgerdog Literary Publishing in Austin, TX, was interviewed by Write by Night magazine.
- Seattle WITS has the highest level of service in its 16-year program: 26 elementary, middle, and high schools and one hospital.
- In the fall of 2010 the Missoula Writing Collaborative received new funding from the Heineman Foundation ($30,000) to
support their work teaching kids to love to write, and this funding was renewed in November 2011 at the same level.
- WITS Houston’s Executive Director Robin Reagler was elected to the AWP Board of Directors. Her first term will begin in February 2012.
Share your literary education news with us, please.